When you go to the hospital, you expect the medical professionals to heal you, not make you feel worse. However, that is not what happens in many cases. You might contract an infection, such as MRSA, or a medical professional could err, causing you more pain and suffering.
The Chicago hospital negligence attorneys at Zayed Law Offices have experience handling Chicago hospital negligence cases. We provide compassionate yet vigorous representation while ensuring you recover the compensation you deserve.
Contact Zayed Law Offices for your free case evaluation after suffering Chicago hospital negligence.
Chicago Hospital Negligence Guide
Why Choose Zayed Law Offices
The Chicago hospital negligence attorneys at Zayed Law Offices provide individual attention to every person, so you are not just another case number. The firm updates you often during settlement negotiations, even if they are still waiting on a response from the defendants.
When you suffer injuries because of medical malpractice, you want to recover the compensation you deserve for those injuries and additional medical expenses as soon as possible. Medical malpractice cases are complex cases that require attorneys with medical knowledge. Not all personal injury attorneys have the medical knowledge that our attorneys have.
Our attorneys will come to you if you are not able to come to us. We can also set up a telephonic or video conference if that is your preference. Our case evaluations are always free and without obligation. And, if we don’t win your case, you don’t pay our fees.
Recovering Compensation for Hospital Negligence in Chicago
If you suffered injuries because of a hospital’s or medical professional’s negligence, you could recover economic damages and non-economic damages. The type and amount of damages you recover depends on the severity of your injuries. If your injuries are not permanent—your doctors expect you to recover in a matter of weeks or months, and you will most likely recover economic damages.
However, if the injuries inflicted on you result in long-term or permanent disabilities or caused the death of a loved one, you could recover non-economic damages.
Sometimes referred to as special damage, economic damages have a monetary value and include:
- Medical expenses: Doctor’s appointments, surgeries, follow-up appointments, prescriptions, prescribed over-the-counter medications, ambulatory aids, home health care, nursing home / rehabilitative care, occupational therapy, cognitive therapy, psychological therapy, physical therapy, hand controls for your vehicle, and home updates, including wheelchair ramps, grab bars, handrails, and widened doorways.
- Income: Current and future loss of earning capacity.
- Death-related expenses: Funeral and burial expenses, cremation expenses, probate attorney’s fees and costs, and certain probate expenses.
Sometimes referred to as general damages, non-economic damages do not have a monetary value and include:
- Pain and suffering, including emotional distress.
- Loss of quality of life if you have to make life changes, including taking prescriptions or using ambulatory aids for the rest of your life.
- Loss of use of a body part, such as a foot or hand.
- Loss of use of a bodily function, such as your eyesight or bladder.
- Loss of companionship if you can no longer enjoy family activities and events.
- Loss of consortium if you can no longer enjoy a physical relationship with your spouse.
- Excessive scarring and/or disfigurement.
- Inconvenience, if you have to hire someone to do the chores you usually do, such as grocery shopping, house cleaning, laundry, lawn maintenance, and home repair and maintenance.
Our attorneys review your case and apply the severity of your injuries to the types of compensation you can recover, ensuring you recover all of the compensation you deserve.
How Much is My Hospital Negligence Case Worth?
The value of your hospital negligence case depends on the severity of the injuries and, to some extent, the severity of the negligence perpetrated by the hospital. If you suffer injuries that take less than a year to recover from or that doctors do not expect to cause your death, you might recover economic damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, and death-related expenses, such as funeral and burial costs and probate attorneys’ expenses.
However, if the negligence caused long-term or permanent injuries, resulted in the death of a loved one, or will result in your death, you or your family could recover non-economic damages, including pain and suffering, loss of quality of life, loss of use of a body part or bodily function, excessive scarring, disfigurement, and inconvenience.
What Injuries Could Hospital Negligence Cause?
Hospital negligence could cause illnesses and injuries such as infections, amputation of the wrong digit or limb, medication errors, broken bones, cuts, bruises, scrapes, dehydration, and malnourishment, to name a few.
What are some additional signs of hospital negligence?
Additional signs of hospital negligence might include:
- The treatment prescribed no longer works while receiving the treatment.
- Your symptoms do not match the diagnosis.
- Different doctors give you different diagnoses.
- Instead of doing a full workup, the doctor relies only on lab results for a diagnosis.
- Your doctor does not listen to you or address your concerns.
Contact a Chicago Hospital Negligence Attorney at Zayed Law Offices
If you suspect you have injuries or an illness because of the negligence of a Chicago hospital or medical professional, you may be able to recover damages. A Chicago hospital negligence lawyer will review your case to determine whether you have a valid claim and can recover damages in the form of compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If you suffered injuries because of hospital negligence or the negligence of any medical professional in Chicago, contact a Chicago hospital negligence lawyer at Zayed Law Offices for a free consultation by calling (312) 726-1616 today.
“I highly recommend Zayed law if you have a personal injury you need settled. The whole firm will work hard for you answer any questions and get the best settlement that they can for you. I’ve had to use them twice and they were able to get maximum settlement for me both times. You can’t go wrong with Zayed law.” -Bill K
Read more of our Google reviews!